04/13/11 WOD: Fight Gone Bad
“Fight Gone Bad”
3 Rounds of:
Wall Ball- 20/15
Box Jump- 20′
Push Press- 75/55
* In this workout you will move from each of the 5 stations after each minute. The clock does not stop b/t exercises. This is a 5 minute round from which a 1 minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of rotate, you must move to the next station immediately for best score.
HOW SHOULD I EAT WHEN DOING CROSSFIT? Sealfit Academy says it best.
50% of elite level training is 80% about proper nutrition. (I think Yogi Berra said something along those lines once but not referring to nutrition!). What you fuel your body with is critical for developing strength, recovery, and mental acuity. SEAL FIT focuses primarily on the Quality of the food we eat, and to a lesser extent on the Quantity of the same food. We believe that of utmost importance is hormonal balance, and shifting your nutrition metabolic engine from sugar-burner to fat-burner.
Processed grain, in the form of breads, pasta, cereal and most other things in a box with label, are the enemy to good health and fitness. These processed carbs enter our blood stream faster than glucose in the form of glycogen, and send our insulin levels skyrocketing throughout the day. When it drops back down we are sent a “hormonal hunger” message in the form of a craving to have more of the same junk. In this vicious cycle, the body burns sugar, and stores fat. That is why we have a billion-dollar industry selling low and no-fat products, as if fat was the enemy. It is NOT. Fat is good (or we should say good fat is good). Become a fat burner and burn fat, rather than store it.
EAT meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar in 4-6 meals per day.
AVOID processed carbs – breads, pasta, cereals, except on your 20% cheat days (see below).
DRINK 50-60% of your bodyweight in ounces each day of fresh filtered water. Alkaline water (enhanced PH is what we use at SEALFIT HQ…great stuff!).
DO THIS 80% of the time. Then cheat like a mother 20% of the time. Life is too short to be perfect.
PROTEINS Get from lean meat sources (unless vegetarian). Identify this first in every meal and use roughly 9 grams per main meal.
FAT has 2.5 times the caloric energy that carbs. Use 3 grams per main meal (+/- as needed to adjust energy levels, satiety, and “leanness”)
CARBS Get from green vegetable sources. Use about7 grams per main meal. Limit starches. Eliminate gluten and processed grains in form of pastas, breads, cereal.
·Natural Hormonal Enhancement, by Rob Fagen
·Paleo Diet for Athletes
·The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson
·“A Week in the Zone” by Barry Sears
- Shop around the edges of the store, not in the aisles
- Look for “certified” organic whenever possible
- Natural peanut/almond/cashew butter
- Meats – lean, organic, grass pasture, free-range cows, no hormones or antibiotics
- Chicken/Poultry – free-range, cage-free
- Milk – raw, whole milk
- Eggs – free-range, cage free chickens
- Bread / Pasta / Cereal – AVOID. If you must eat use No “enriched” flour – use sprouted grain or whole grain
- Saturated Fats – Good for you. Must keep your sugar (and processed carb intake low or you will store fat!).
- Fats – olives, olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocados
You all train hard everyday you come to crossfit. Now do the most important part, your NUTRITION!Posted on: April 12, 2011admin