Paleo Banana Bread
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Normally with breads or muffin recipes, you don’t want to overmix, but since there’s no gluten here, mix to your heart’s content. The muffins won’t get gummy or icky.
- Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy with a pat of almond butter, coconut oil or grass-fed butter. Mmmm
U.S. Marine Corps Captain Brandon “Bull” Barrett, 27, of Marion, IN, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, based out of Camp Lejeune, NC, was killed on May 5, 2010, while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
He is survived by his parents Cindy and Brett Barrett, his sisters Ashley and Taylor Barrett, his brother Brock Barrett, and his grandmother Carmen Johnson.
2 Rounds for time of:
200 Double Unders
50 OHS- 135/95
Run 1 mile
*Scale OHS weight as needed.
Joe?…Joe Dirt is that you?
Posted on: June 30, 2011admin