Here’s Your Challenge
You wanted a challenge, well you’ve got a challenge. In the past we’ve done the Paleo, we’ve done the Zone. We’ve even done a mix of the two. Now it’s time for something different. It’s time to really school you on proper nutrition and healthy eating habits. CrossFit is definitely a step in the right direction, but if you are truly serious about making a total transformation, nutrition HAS to be at the bottom of your Fitness Pyramid. I’m about to introduce you to… The 30 Day Challenge.
First and foremost, notice I didn’t use the word “diet”. When people hear the word diet they cringe. Thoughts of starving yourself just to loose a few pounds come to mind. This is unsatisfying and unhealthy. Take a second to read the true definition of the word.
di·et (1) (noun)
1. what person or animal eats
2. controlled intake of food
3. regular intake of something
Notice there is nothing in this definition about starving yourself. It’s about eating proper foods and quantities to sustain a healthy lifestyle. So to avoid any confusion we will instead be presenting you with an “Eating Challenge”. A 30 Day Eating Challenge to be a little more precise. Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s get down and dirty with the rules, guidelines, and most importantly what you have to gain as a participant.
30 Day Eating Challenge:
- Challenge is for one month
- Measurements will be taken before (weight, body fat)
- A food journal MUST be kept and emailed weekly
- A nutritional class will be held before Challenge begins. There you will learn what you can eat, be given a shopping list, and have a chance to answer any questions you may have
- Another class will be held once the 30 days are complete. This class is meant to help you reintroduce CERTAIN healthy foods back into your “diet”
Rewards: Everyone who enters is obviously rewarding their bodies with a healthier way to live. You’ll feel better and you can’t put a price on that. BUT, only those who complete all 30 days of the challenge will be eligible for the prizes below.
- Non refundable $35 to enter and change your life for the better
- An awesome shirt that you will be proud to wear
- Our top 3 participants will receive 2 months of CrossFit for free
- As stated above, you must complete the entire challenge to be eligible for any of these rewards. If you don’t eat right, don’t turn in your journal, don’t stick to the plan… you will get NOTHING! This includes the awesome shirt! All money left over will be donated towards more CrossFit equipment.
- Sign-up & $35 entry deadline will be Friday, January 14. Once you’ve signed up and paid, you have committed and agree to all of the 30 Day Challenge rules
- The introduction and nutritional class will be held twice on Monday, January 17. There will be a 9:00a.m. class and a 6:00p.m. class. This is done to alleviate any schedule conflicts.
- The 30 Day Eating Challenge will begin on Wednesday, January 19 and ends on Saturday, February 19
- On Monday, February 21, the second class will be held at 9:00a.m. and again at 6:00p.m.. This class is designed to help you reintroduce healthy foods back into your “diet”
Now this all doesn’t sound so awful right?! You’re making a change for the better and that’s yet another step in the right direction. I’ll leave you with this quote I read… “Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Giving up heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your “struggles”.” Well there you go… Your move!Posted on: December 27, 2010admin