It’s not a DIET it’s a LIFESTYLE
Rules for this challenge will go as follows:
- 30 days of clean eating as outlined below. Start date is February 3rd to March 4th.
- Before and after pictures
- Weight, body measurements, and body fat before and after
- Food journals – You must keep some sort of food log for me, even if it is as simple as clean/cheat.
- One benchmark workout will be performed February 3rd and March 4th. There will only be one workout performed.
Different types of food make us less healthy even though we have been taught that they are “healthy”. Many of the food groups listed below have psychological responses promoting overconsumption. They also create a hormonal response to our insulin levels leading to blood sugar spikes and crashes. Intestinal permeability is another problem these foods have which leads to all sorts of problems in our bodies. Many of these foods will cause intestinal permeability, which in turn will lead to many other problems such as an unhealthy immune system, which can create inflammation in the body. So….
- You will be allowed 1 Tablespoon of these choices of sugar each day: Honey, Agave, one packet of Stevia, Maple Syrup, and Molasses. There will be no cane sugar of any form, no brown rice syrup, no coconut sugar, etc. You will need to be very diligent in checking every label you come in contact with. There is some false advertising going on that suggests different items are “paleo” when in fact they are not.
- No enjoy life chocolate chips, or dark chocolate will be allowed. The only form of chocolate allowed will be 100% unsweetened cocoa powder.
- No chips/crackers of any kind. No sweet potato chips from the grocery store, no nut thin crackers etc. If you want chips, crackers or tortillas etc. you must make them yourself.
- No Almond/Coconut Milk from the carton – these contain many different chemicals including chalk. So if you would like to eat from the chalk bucket at the gym then drink your almond or coconut milk from the carton. Coconut milk from the can is accepted.
- Absolutely no alcohol.
- No dairy of any kind. No cheeses, no Greek yogurt, no sour cream, no milk or half and half, no coffee creamer. You may use clarified butter or ghee, heavy cream/heavy whipped cream.
- No Legumes (Beans) – No peanut butter or peanuts, no soy, or soy sauce, miso, tofu, edamame. Green beans are ok, and snap peas are ok, but still not the best choice.
- No Grains – none –
So now you are asking yourself well, what exactly can I eat right! We like to eat food groups that make us healthy so here is your list of things you can eat.
Meat, Seafood, and Eggs: beef, lamb, elk, venison, bison, pork, chicken, turkey, duck, fish, shellfish, eggs. Processed meats such as beef jerky, deli meats, bacon, sausage must be nitrate and sugar free no MSG or gluten.
Vegetables: Everything but corn (which is a grain), no lima beans or peas. I am allowing white potatoes this go around. You may bake them, boil them, pan fry them make your own homemade potato chips. You may not eat french fries or sweet potatoes fries from a fast food or restaurant, and you may not put any sort of diary on top of your white potatoes.
Fruit: All fruit is allowed, fruit is not a sugar it is a real living food. Use the fruit that is in season and use it in moderation. Dried fruit is candy in this diet and many of them have added sugars so I would suggest staying away from dried fruit as much as possible. Fruit juice can be used to flavor your cooking, I do not suggest drinking fruit juice or fruit smoothies. You will get a better satiety if you simply eat the fruit.
Fruits, Oils, Nuts and Seeds: Coconut/coconut oil, Olives/olive oil, clarified butter/ghee, nuts and seeds. Limit these types of nuts and seeds please: flax seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts – they can also have an adverse effect on the permeability of your gut so keep them to a minimum. Other healthy fats are: avocado, cashews, coconut butter, coconut meat/flakes, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, macadamia butter, almonds, almond butter, brazil nuts, pecans, pistachios.
HERE IS THE KICKER!! I am going to try something new this go around. I am allowing you one cheat item/serving each week. You will be able to pick ONE thing off of the do not eat list and have it. This is the exception; if you choose a grain it must be a gluten free grain.
Gluten free grains are: Amaranth, Buckwheat, Corn, Millet, Quinoa, Brown-Black-Purple Rice (no white rice because it is refined), Rye, Wild Rice, and Teff.
This is not a pass to go to your favorite restaurant and order chips with cheese, a burrito, margarita, and dessert. This is your chance to learn about whole grains and how they affect your body. You pick one thing and incorporate it into your diet. GOT IT???? Please don’t make me regret giving you this option.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at email@example.com
This is not easy, this is not accepted in our society, BUT this is healthy!!! Give it a try what have you got to lose other than some extra body fat you’ve been lugging around???Posted on: January 28, 2014admin