Paleo and Fat Loss
Paleo and FAT LOSS
10 best fat loss foods: (according to Justin Lord)
1 – Grass Fed Meat will help to increase metabolic rate creating a thermogenic effect in the body. This means we will burn fat through eating it. Grass Fed Meat will have a higher Omega 3 Fatty Acid, which is what we are looking for to help reduce inflammation in the body.
2. Wild Caught Fish, for example sardines, anchovies, salmon, mackerel. These types of fish are also high in Omega 3 fatty acids and help to keep our bodies insulin sensitive.
3. Walnuts and Almonds have antioxidants in them they also help to blunt hunger. They help to produce a high level of leptin (satiety hormone), which helps us to feel full. That being said we still need to use portion control with our nuts.
4. Berries are a great fruit because they are low in fructose a natural occurring sugar in all fruits. Berries can improve our brain sensitivity and help release leptin in the body. They also help to decrease inflammation. Try to incorporate berries before a work out or a couple of hours after to help with inflammation.
5. Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussels (cruciferous vegetables) have FIBER and they prevent fat from collecting in the hip, butt, thigh, and man boob areas. Every meal we should try to eat something green.
6. Avocados are a fruit with a ton of healthy fats. They are also a natural antioxidant and help with glucose sensitivity in the body. (Glucose is a sugar in our body that gives us energy)
7. Kim chi, which is Napa Cabbage and garlic that is fermented. This promotes a healthy gut and keeps insulin levels stable. (Insulin is a hormone, which directs glucose to either be used or stored)
8. Balsamic and White Wine Vinegars will help us to store carbohydrates as glycogen (glucose/sugar) in the muscle. This is the energy we use when we are working out.
9. Green Tea will help with speeding up metabolism and help with getting toxins out of the body.
10. Eggs are a mix of fat and protein that help to speed up metabolism and aid in keeping a healthy testosterone/hormone level.Posted on: February 9, 2014admin