Thurs 05/10/12 WOD
Just wanted to remind everyone of what we are all about here at CFTC. This has been on our ABOUT page since the day we opened just in case you forgot!
When you come to CrossFit The Club our goals are to improve the ten general skills required for optimal physical competence.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- the ability of the body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina- the ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength- the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
- Flexibility- the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power- the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed- the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination- the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility- the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance- the ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy- the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
We don’t watch TV shows while we workout… They are a distraction.
We don’t have treadmills and big fancy machines… They are not functional.
What you will see is a lot of sweat and chalk.
Do not be intimidated
We train everyone and anyone willing, at any fitness level and any background. Our CrossFit members are our family and community. You will make new friends here because you can only suffer alongside someone for so long without learning who they really are.
We want you to train here because it will make you better, but while CrossFit is good for everyone, you may not like it. It takes a special person to do CrossFit.
It takes commitment, dedication
and a strong mind.
You have to realize that you will work harder in our gym than anywhere else.
THE CROSSFIT MINDSET
- I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best I can.
- If I can run, I run. If I can walk, I walk. If I must crawl, I crawl, and when I make it, I will rest. I will live to fight another day.
- I fear no man, but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
- I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit… Ever!
- I will not cheat. There is no honor in cheating. I will call out cheaters if I see them, as they have no place in my gym.
- If you see someone puking or passed out they are merely resting.
A1. 3 x ME Bench Press @85%; rest 60 sec.
A2. 3 x 15 Ring Rows, feet elevated on box; rest 60 sec.
3 Rounds for time of:
20 Slam Balls-30/20
30 Double Unders
20 Toes to Bar
30 Double Unders
Level I- 95/65
Level III- 135/95
ENDURANCE– meet at 6am in the pool.
Posted on: May 9, 2012admin